Sunday, October 14

Mid-terms, Mid-terms, Mid-terms!

Let's to cut to the chase: I am up to my eyeballs in homework, and I'm currently supposed to be writing a history essay, not blogging about it. However, I thought I'd take a quick break to give you guys an update (but mostly just to give myself a break.)

Fall mid-terms seem to be especially stressful for first-year students, and (at least at my residence) this leads to two distinctive behaviours: dead quiet afternoons full of cramming, and obnoxiously loud, I'm-no-longer-under-parental-supervision-type parties, neither of which are particularly enjoyable. So, in case you find yourself in a similar situation, I'd recommend plenty of tea and music.

1) Tea
This drink of the gods keeps me awake in the day, and helps me sleep at night. I've been enjoying it much more this season, since it's beginning to get cold outside, and my favourite flavour is back in stock at David's Tea - Pumpkin Chai. If you ever get the chance, order one in latte form. You will not regret it.

2) Music
Ever since I arrived at university, I've found that I miss playing my piano much more than I had ever expected. It's something that lets me unwind and relax. So, if you like playing instruments, don't be afraid to whip out that old violin or clarinet, and give yourself a musical break (given, of course, that it's not 3 AM.)

Here's my recommendation of the week:

The Radio Dept. - Pulling our Weight (2003)

That's all for now, but I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving, or, if you don't celebrate the turkey-infested holiday, that you had a wonderful October weekend.
See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment